Conflict Resolution Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Training Course – Conflict Resolution (NHS) Training – Skills for Health UK CSTF Aligned E-Learning
Welcome to our online conflict resolution training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online conflict resolution training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your conflict resolution training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your conflict resolution course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course Aims and Objectives Conflict Resolution – Level 1
The aims and objectives of this conflict resolution training course are to provide:
- The learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding conflict resolution
- Essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- A FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
- Ability to know and explain the main models for conflict resolution
What is covered in this online conflict resolution – level 1 course?
This conflict resolution e-learning course covers the following:
- Understanding why conflict resolution is important
- Understanding the role of NHS Protect with respect to conflict resolution
- NHS security management roles and responsibilities
- Common causes of conflict in healthcare and social care settings
- The importance of effective communication in resolving conflict
- Understanding how to effectively utilise our body language to avoid contact
- Knowing how communicating our feelings and attitudes can help to manage conflict effectively
- Knowing how to avoid communication breakdown
- Understanding how cultural differences can contribute to conflict
- An introduction to effective communication models for conflict resolution:
- LEAPS communication models
- PALMS Communication models
- Five step appeal communication model
- The attitude and behavioural cycle
- Understanding the main patterns of behaviour in relation to conflict
- Awareness of the warning signs and danger sings
- An awareness of the basics of de-escalating conflict
- Awareness of the importance of maintaining personal safety when de-escalating conflict
- Understanding the impact factors for lone workers
- How to do dynamic risk assessments for lone workers
- Awareness of the importance of personal space
Who is the online conflict resolution course for?
This conflict resolution e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online conflict resolution courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These conflict management training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this resolution of conflict e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our conflict resolution training courses are suitable for those:
- Who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Who needs to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this conflict resolution e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online conflict resolution training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your management of conflict e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your management of conflict online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is conflict?
Conflict refers to some form of friction, or discord arising within a group when the beliefs or actions of one or more members of the group are either resisted by or unacceptable to one or more members of another group.
This can arise between members of the same group, known as “intragroup” conflict, or it can occur between members of two or more groups and may involve violence, interpersonal discord conflict. Conflict in groups often follows a specific course. Routine group interaction is first disrupted by an initial conflict, often caused by differences of opinion, disagreements between members or scarcity of are in some cases gives way to a conflict resolution stage, after which the group can eventually return to routine group interaction.
What is conflict resolution?
Conflict resolution is conceptualised as the various methods and processes involved in facilitating the peaceful ending of conflict and retribution. Committed group members attempt to resolve group conflicts by actively communicating information about their conflicting motives or ideologies to the rest of the group (e.g., intentions; reasons for holding certain beliefs), and by engaging in collective negotiation.
Dimensions of resolution typically parallel the dimensions of conflict in the way the conflict is processed. Cognitive resolution is the way disputants understand and view the conflict, with beliefs and perspectives and understandings and attitudes. Emotional resolution is in the way disputants feel about a conflict, the emotional energy.
Behavioral resolution is how one thinks the disputants act, their behavior. Ultimately, a wide range of methods and procedures for addressing conflict exist, including negotiation, mediation, mediation-arbitration, diplomacy, and creative peacebuilding.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online conflict resolution course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice