Information Governance Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Training Course – Data Security and Information Governance – Skills for Health Aligned ELearning
Welcome to our Online Information Governance (IG) Training Course for healthcare and social care providers. Our Online IG Training Courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your IG training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, and leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this IG training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding Data Protection and Information Governance
- Provide awareness of how to handle safe and sensitive information
- Provide essential tips on how to keep information safe in practice
- To provide essential information governance training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online information governance course?
This IG e-learning course covers the following:
- Introduction to information governance
- Why information governance is important
- Information requirements for health and social care organisations
- The law and standard codes of practice in relation to information governance
- The Caldicott Principles for information governance
- The role of Caldicott Guardians
- Subject access requests under the Data Protection Act
- Freedom of Information (FIO) requests
- Duty of confidence (the common law duty of confidentiality)
- The importance of good quality record keeping
- Key principles for information security
- Individual responsibilities for information governance
- Where to find useful information about information governance (online learning resources)
Who is the online IG course for?
This information governance e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- Allied Healthcare Workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Support Workers
- Voluntary Staff working in the NHS
Our online IG training courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid work in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These handling of information training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
What is information governance in healthcare?
Information governance helps manage and control information by supporting the organisation’s activities and ensuring compliance with its duties. Patients and service users entrust their personal information to healthcare organisations, creating distinct requirements for confidentiality, privacy, and security.
IG is the way in which the NHS and other health and social care providers handle all of its information, in particular the personal and sensitive information relating to patients and employees.
What is the purpose of information governance?
The purpose of the assessment is to enable organisations to measure their compliance with the law and central guidance and to see whether the information is handled correctly and protected from unauthorised access, loss, damage and destruction.
Information governance describes the holistic approach to managing information by implementing processes, roles and metrics to transform information into a business asset. The purpose of the IG framework is to formally establish an organisation’s approach to the handling and management of information.
What are the Skills for Health’s UK “Core Skills Training Framework” (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, Octrac Consulting works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online management of information course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learner’s needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses are based on the latest guidance and best practice
To complete this IG e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Payment and additional information
After adding your handling of information Elearning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your information governance online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
Our IG training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this IG e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online IG training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections