Workplace Diversity – Online Training Course – Learn about Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. Participants will be able to use strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes, and to encourage diversity in the workplace and even through their community.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Workplace Diversity Course aims
This workplace diversity e-learning course will help participants understand what diversity is all about, and how they can help create a more diverse world at work and at home. They will be instructed to use skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
Workplace Diversity Course objectives
The objectives of this workplace diversity online course are to:
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints, and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyze the situation, and take appropriate resolution action
What’s covered in this Workplace Diversity course?
This online workplace diversity course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Understanding Diversity
Module Three: Understanding Stereotypes
Module Four: Breaking Down the Barriers
Module Five: Verbal Communication Skills
Module Six: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
|Module Seven: Being Proactive
Module Eight: Coping with Discrimination
Module Nine: Dealing with Diversity Complaints as a Person
Module Ten: Dealing with Diversity Complaints as a Manager
Module Eleven: Dealing with Diversity Complaints as an Organization
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
What is workplace diversity?
“Workplace diversity refers to the variety of differences between people in an organisation. That sounds simple, but diversity encompasses race, gender, ethnic group, age, personality, cognitive style, tenure, organizational function, education, background and much more”
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how the Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.