Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Care Certificate Standards – Online Care Certificate Training Courses – Skills for Care Aligned E-Learning Courses
Welcome to our online Care Certificate Training Course for healthcare and social care providers. These Accredited Care Certificate – 15 Standards Courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Why was the Care Certificate introduced?
Following the recommendations of the Cavendish Report 2013, The Care Certificate was introduced to:-
- Build on and replace the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS)
- Set out specific learning outcomes, competencies and standards that will ensure caring and compassionate quality of care
How to access your care certificate training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your care certificate training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end-of-course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, and leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this care certificate – 15 standards training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding care certificate training
- To provide essential care certificate training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online care certificate training course?
This online care certificate training course covers the following standards:
- Care Certificate Standard 1. Understand your role
- Care Certificate Standard 2. Your personal development
- Care Certificate Standard 3. Duty of care
- Care Certificate Standard 4. Equality and diversity
- Care Certificate Standard 5. Work in a person-centred way
- Care Certificate Standard 6. Communication
- Care Certificate Standard 7. Privacy and dignity
- Care Certificate Standard 8. Fluids and nutrition
- Care Certificate Standard 9. Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Care Certificate Standard 10. Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Care Certificate Standard 11. Safeguarding children
- Care Certificate Standard 12. Basic life support
- Care Certificate Standard 13. Health and Safety
- Care Certificate Standard 14. Handling information
- Care Certificate Standard 15. Infection prevention and control
What is the Care Certificate?
The Care Certificate is a set of standards that social care and health workers stick to in their daily working life.
It is the new minimum standards that should be covered as part of the induction training of new care workers.
The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health. It:
- applies across social care and health
- links to National Occupational Standards and units in qualifications
- covers what is needed to be caring – giving workers a good basis from which they can develop their knowledge and skills.
Why is the Care Certificate required?
The Care Certificate delivers public confidence in the provision of healthcare services and sets out a benchmark to which standards can be assessed.
How does the Care Certificate work?
There are two parts to the Care Certificate:-
- Demonstrating competence at work
Our comprehensive care certificate e-learning package provides you with the training element. Once you have completed your online care certificate course, your employer still needs to see evidence that you can practice what you have learnt in the workplace. You will be issued with a Care Certificate workbook on which to record knowledge gained on the assessments pages.
What are the Skills for Health’s UK “Core Skills Training Framework” (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, Octrac Consulting works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online care certificate training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man-hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learner’s needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses are based on the latest guidance and best practice
The Care Certificate course is available for all care workers, healthcare assistants and social care support workers:-
- Who are new to the workplace or new to care (within the first 12 weeks)
- Or existing staff requiring refresher training
Designed with non-regulated workers in mind, the Care Certificate gives everyone the confidence that workers have the same induction – learning the same skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high-quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is the start of the career journey and is only one element of the training and education that will make them ready to practice within their specific sector.
Although the Care Certificate is designed for new staff, it also offers opportunities for existing staff to refresh or improve their knowledge. If you are inducting a new manager, visit our Manager Induction Standards page instead.
For CQC-regulated providers, the Care Certificate is expected of care workers joining health and social care since April 2015. The CQC Inspector Briefing highlights how they look for evidence in their inspections.
Our online care certificate training courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid work in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These care certificate training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
You will need to have access to a computer device in order to complete this care certificate e-learning course,, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Payment and additional information
After adding your care certificate e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your care certificate online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
Our care certificate 15 standards training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this care certificate e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners can download a FREE CPD certificate valid for one year.
The content of this online care certificate training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections