Generation Gaps – Online Training Course – Closing the Generation Gap in the Workplace Training Course
While having various cultures in one workplace can present communication problems and conflicts, the benefits of such a variety in the workplace outweigh it. The workplace can present challenges to management in terms of handling the different generations present. As older workers delay retiring and younger workers are entering the workforce, the work environment has become a patchwork of varying perspectives and experiences, all valuable to say the least.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Generation Gaps Course Aims
The generation gaps workshop will help participants understand the various generations present at work, and understand what motivates them and dealing with them on a daily basis. Both the young and older workers will have many ideas to offer, which will help the organization thrive in the marketplace. Learning how to deal with the Generation Gaps – generation gaps at work will help you become a better manager or co-worker.
Generation Gaps Course Objectives
The objectives of this generation gaps online course are to:
- History behind generation gaps
- What are traditionalists
- What are baby boomers
- What are Generation Xers
- What are Generation Yers
- Differences between each type of generation
- Finding common ground among the generations
- Conflict management
- Leveraging the benefits of generation gaps at work
What’s covered in this course?
This online generation gaps course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: History
Module Three: Traditionalist
Module Four: Baby Boomers
Module Five: Generation X”s
Module Six: Generation Y”s (Millennial)
|Module Seven: Differentiations Between Generations
Module Eight: Finding Common Ground
Module Nine: Conflict Management (I)
Module Ten: Conflict Management (II)
Module Eleven: The Power of 4
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
What is the Generation Gap at Work?
Four, and possibly five, generations work side-by-side in today’s workplaces:
- Veterans (born 1930–1945),
- Baby Boomers (1946– 1964),
- Generation Xers (1965–1976),
- Generation Yers (1977- 1990), and
- Millennials (born since 1991)
Although each person is an individual with his/her own personality, shared experiences shaped the generations and influenced their work styles. Recognising the strengths and values of each one promotes respect for diversity and fosters cohesiveness within the workplace.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how the Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.